Untitled Document
Home
Worship
Archive
Music Ministry
Calendar
Ministries
Ministries
Youth
Children's Ministry
Adult Education
Wednesday Night Fellowship
Presbyterian Women
Mariners
Volunteer
Newsletter
History
Photo Album
Staff
Pastor's Page
Contact Us

Lifetouch
Picture Directory

 

First Church of Cheyenne was the first Presbyterian Church to be organized in the Territory of Wyoming on July 18, 1869 with nine charter members. The first building on the northeast corner of Eighteenth and Ferguson (Carey Ave.) was dedicated on July 17, 1870 at a cost of $6500.00. The church was named the Krebs Memorial Presbyterian Church, as a memorial to the lamented Dr. Krebs whose former congregation, the Rutgers Church of New York, contributed largely to the building of this church. Rev. Sheldon Jackson preached the dedicatory sermon and a collection of $150.00 was taken up , which put the church out of debt.

A new church building at the same location was dedicated in 1884, having been built for a cost of $14,000.00. The size of the church was 51'x85', with a tower, 96 feet high, and main building 52 feet high. The bell from the old church hung in 1876 was placed in the tall steeple of the new church and continued to call worshipers until the building was torn down in 1925.

The current building at 22nd and Carey was dedicated on March 22, 1925. A beautiful memorial chapel in honor of the Presbyterian boys who gave their lives in World War II was dedicated on November 10, 1948. A new Christian Education wing was dedicated on September 17, 1961.


Website Design by Wyoming Network, Inc.